Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't Forget to Vote November 2


I want to remind everyone to get out and vote tomorrow, Tuesday, November 4. I often express that, imho, votes don't count; that we are not really part of the political process because everything is theater. However, I will always qualify that by saying that there are some candidates for office who are not just bad for the country, but horrible for specific personal liberties. One of the many of them is running for Governor of New York (my lifelong home state). That person's name will not be used here.

I'm voting tomorrow for Andrew Cuomo for New York Governor because I believe in the candidate -- despite the little that elections, politics, and our government really do for individuals -- and because I MUST vote against the alternative candidate. Again, it is all theater, but certain things that are important to me, even if second-hand, will be completely dismantled, and our state denigrated, if the other candidate gets into office. Cuomo's opponent is reprehensible. I'll be voting for others in the election -- for Senator (both Kirsten Gillibrand and the venerable Chuck Schumer), etc. -- but this Governor's race is most crucial. I've also seen Cuomo in direct action, including around an issue and individuals who, first-hand, once affected my own life (not just second-hand through policy). I admire him.

See you at the polls! (We will be voting in NYC using the new system. I'm excited!)

No comments:

ShareThis